Tabs

 photo 1_zpsaevl5qya.jpg photo 2_zps1mmrug81.jpg photo 2_zps1mmrug81.jpg photo 3_zps6wyhvccd.jpg photo 2_zps1mmrug81.jpg

Friday, November 18, 2016

Up-cycling Christmas Ornaments - Spray Paint Christmas Balls

The theme for this year's Christmas is Black, White & Gold. But I can't seem to find black or white Christmas balls for the tree! All I saw were gold, silver, red, pink, blue........ WHERE'S BLACK & WHITE? So I had to make my own.



We had these red Christmas balls last year and I thought it will be a great idea to up-cycle these. All you need for this project is your old christmas balls and spray paint colour of your choice. First off, remove the top cap or tape around it. I inserted wooden skewer into the hole so I can spray paint evenly by simply twisting the stick.


My spray paint box set up. Initially I thought this was easier to spray paint but then I realize there were areas that are hard to reach in this set up. Hence I just sprayed ball by ball using the stick twisting method. Much faster and more even coats!


After each coat, I stick them into some leftover styrofoam so they can dry nicely without smudging the surfaces. I did two coats for black and 3 coats for white.


After completely dried, remove the tape and ta-dah! As good as new!


Then I proceed to hand write some Christmas words on to the balls such as Merry, Peace, Joy etc. One tip, research on the font you want and practice writing before writing on the balls. You wont be able to remove any mistakes without ruining the spray paint! I used oil based markers for permanent results.




Besides writing words, I also drew gold polka dots on a couple of balls. Hope you have fun making your own Christmas Balls!
 photo name3a_zps4tnhc2mj.png
Share this post!
Pin This Share on TumblrShare on Google Plus Email This

No comments:

Post a Comment