Tabs

 photo 1_zpsaevl5qya.jpg photo 2_zps1mmrug81.jpg photo 2_zps1mmrug81.jpg photo 3_zps6wyhvccd.jpg photo 2_zps1mmrug81.jpg

Friday, April 29, 2016

DIY Ottoman - IKEA Lack Coffee Table Hack

I knew I wanted an ottoman in the walk-in/dressing/beauty room but didn't know what to get. After browsing through Pinterest, I decided to make my own!





STEP 1: MEASURE & CUT THE FOAM, BATTING & FABRIC

I took the table top, placed it on the foam, leave about an inch of border (I eyeballed it) and cut it with the box cutter. For the batting & fabric, I leave about two inches of border for easier pulling when stapling.



As my foam was thinner, I have to use two pieces to form a thicker foam. You can skip this step if yours was already thick.



STEP 2: GLUE THE TWO PIECES OF FOAM 



I used 3M Super 77 Multi-Purpose spray adhesive to bind the two pieces of foam together. Gotta say I love spray adhesive, super quick and works like charm! But be careful, its very tacky. You will want to protect the work area with scrap cardboard or plastic. I just used the table's original packing.



STEP 3: STAPLE THE BATTING & FABRIC 

Lay the foam on the table top and cover it with batting. You may spray a little adhesive to the table so the sponge won't move while you are stapling the batting. Pull tight as you staple and cut away any excess.


After the batting is done, it's time to staple the fabric of your choice. Before you staple the fabric, make sure you adjust the fabric so the pattern is even. Start stapling with the longer side, staple the middle, then pull the opposite side and staple the middle. Work your way outwards and when your done with the two longer sides, you can repeat the same to the shorter sides. Always check that the fabric pattern is straight while stapling. You have to pull the fabric tightly and evenly otherwise it will result in uneven bumps. Cut away the excess fabric .

How I did the corners

STEP 4: INSTALL THE LEGS AND THAT'S IT!

Make sure you don't cover up the hole for the table legs. Adjust the fabric and cut away more if you need in order to fit the legs.





There you have it!
It only took me a couple of hours to complete and I really like it!


 photo name3a_zps4tnhc2mj.png
Share this post!
Pin This Share on TumblrShare on Google Plus Email This

No comments:

Post a Comment